ARO® Adds Conductive PVDF to EXP Series of Pumps
Available in 1" and 2" Ports
The latest addition to the ARO® portfolio offers a conductive polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) wetted part driven by the advanced EXP pneumatic motor technology.
Available in 1-inch and 2-inch port sizes, the new Conductive PVDF Pump complements the existing range of ARO® process pumps. It offers the lowest downtime and lowest cost of ownership in highly critical applications, which include handling corrosive chemicals in explosion-proof environments.
PVDF is well suited for a variety of industries and applications, including:*
- Chemical injections to treat wood or pulp in paper production
- Chemical dosing or slurry draining in wastewater treatment
- Transfer and delivery of acids to etch solar panels
- Transfer and flushing of pigments, inks or solvents
- Collecting agrochemical byproducts
- Loading or unloading petrochemicals from trucks and other large containers
- Transferring additives or chemicals in manufacturing fertilizer, detergent, pharmaceuticals or personal care products
*Check our Chemical Compatibility Guide for more details.
PVDF vs. PTFE
ARO® EXP pumps with bolted PVDF wetted parts are, in most cases, a better alternative to diaphragm pump models that rely on machined polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) construction:
- Lower Risk of Leakage & Downtime: Unlike PTFE, PVDF does not retain shape memory, making it easier to maintain tolerances between plastic parts.
- Lower Cost: PVDF features a lower cost of raw materials and longer maintenance and pump replacement cycles than PTFE.
- Lighter Weight: PVDF has 23% lower density than PTFE and doesn’t need to be sourced in thick slabs for pump construction.
In the majority of applications, PVDF would offer similar chemical compatibility to PTFE.
Replacing a solid machined PTFE pump with an EXP series PVDF pump can increase uptime and lower the total cost of ownership substantially due to its unmatched combination of Performance, Reliability, Automation, Safety and Sustainability.